Thursday, April 7, 2011

smoking chicken,easy,cheap,amazing!

smoking chicken is what it sounds like, its cooking chicken at a low heat
using wood chips(I like hickory.)
Soaking the chips over night helps them from burning so quickly.
I do it on my grill by adding the chips to my charcoal.
Unlike grilling, you can't be on the grill because
you want the second hand heat.
so you can use a smoking plate that is off set from the grill.
People sometimes make there own, even a clean ceramic flower pot upside down will work.As long as you can close the grill.

Shoot for an even temp of about 225 for 3 hours for chicken leg quarters.
cheers
T

ps I always salt and pepper both sides of the meat, and toss it in a bowl with olive oil. but butter and herbs go great here by simply putting it under the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment